Couldn't think of a better title, so I just titled it after the artist I'm currently listening to.
Pride and Joy-Stevie Ray Vaughn.
"She my sweet li'l thing, shes my pride and joy, she's my sweet little baby and I'm her little lover boy"
I've known that song all my life, and only recently found out that SRV sang it o.O
I never knew that because Uncle Tuffy's band would always play it, and it was through them that I heard about this song.
Dad was telling me Stevie Ray's story, how he was a major drug addict back in the seventies and then he cleaned his life up and became and advocate for non-drug-abuse. And then, how, on the way back from a school visit he made, someone crashed into him in an intersection and killed him. Kind of sad. Dad said he should have died from drugs, but instead he was killed in a car crash. o.o
One of These Nights-Eagles.
I really need to find out who was providing the vocals for that. It doesn't sound like Glen Frey, it *could* be Don Henley, but it doesn't really sound too much like him, either. I'll ask Jesse. He supposedly knows everything about the Eagles.
Or I could Wikipedia it.
But then again, it probably won't mention whose vocals they are. But maybe it will.
"One of These Nights is the fourth studio album by the American rock band Eagles, released in 1975 (see 1975 in music). It included the song "One of These Nights" which became Eagles' second number one single in July 1975 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song's theme is a man's pursuit of a woman for a romantic encounter. One of These Nights is the last Eagles album to feature Bernie Leadon. The seventh song, "Visions", is the only Eagles song on which Don Felder sang lead vocals. The instrumental "Journey Of The Sorcerer" took on a new significance when it was used as the theme tune for Douglas Adams' The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (see below)." For reference, the link to that is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_of_These_Nights
Walk of Life-Dire Straits.
I hopefully will finish Starlight today unless I don't have time to.
In the Ghetto-Taylor Hicks.
Megan and I watched Pirates of the Caribbean three last night. It was her sixth time (-_-) and my first. I don't know how to feel about it, it was so different!
Is There Anybody Out There?-Pink Floyd
Hotel California-Eagles.
At the moment I'm reading a Wikipedia article about Ice Age.
Black Betty-Bad Company.
I like the song Shooting Star by Bad Company. It's about a guy named Johnny who heard his first Beatles song, bought himself a guitar, and then made it all the way to the top of the list when he released a record. It's sad because he dies, but it's because of alcohol. He lived the Rocker lifestyle. Maybe I should read the Wikipedia article about it... ^_^
Sharp Dressed Man-ZZ Top.
The boys with beards! Go ZZ! =D
Wow you guys must be having fun reading long entries. Get used to it ;-)
I'll stop writing for now, I guess. Possibly another entry today, I'm not sure. We'll see. I will be updating Luke's Blog soon, though.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Stevie Ray
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment